The most effective and valuablehealthcare dollars you will ever spendwill be on prevention!
What’s Necessary for Prevention?
Besides having good hygiene habits, it is important to get a professional cleaning and exam every six months. This will typically include x-rays and intraoral photos. Most insurances will cover at least part of all your preventative care (check with your insurance to see how much it covers).
In our office, a routine hygiene appointment includes:
- A Thorough Cleaning
- A Comprehensive Exam
- We want to make sure nothing is missed! We also want to help you understand any recommended treatment, so we make sure to discuss all of your options.
- 4 bitewing x-rays once annually
- A full-mouth series or panoramic x-ray every 3-5 years
- Optional Fluoride Varnish
- We highly recommend getting fluoride at least once per year for adults.
- We recommend more frequent fluoride for kids under 16, but it is still optional.
- Patient Education
- We want you to leave our office feeling confident in your smile and your ability to maintain it! Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you may have!