Infection controls and precautions protect patients and staff alike. Our office follows procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
These measures include:
- Gloves, protective eye wear, lab coats, and N95 masks
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use
- Single-use disposable materials
- Disinfectant hand soap
- Infection control training and rigorous attention to hand washing and PPE
- Chemical disinfection of counter tops and surfaces
- Whole room air and surface ozone disinfection
We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental hand pieces. Ultrasonics and autoclaves are used for equipment sterilization.
Updated Sterilization Procedures
Under the threat of COVID-19, infection control policies and procedures have changed and will continue to evolve. With the added burden of additional materials, chemicals, labor, and especially time, we ask that you please be patient with us as we work to keep you safe.